As the year comes to a close everyone is gearing up for the new year and setting new goals. I view life as a journey so when the year comes to a close I like to use this time to take a pit stop, and reflect on my growth and what life lessons this past year has taught me. I don’t know about you guys but 2018 was a very interesting year for me, as it was both one of my best and worst years all rolled into one. If I could describe this year in one word I would describe it as the year of “change.” As I do every year, I learned a lot ,and wanted to share the top 20 life lessons I learned in 2018. Some of these lessons were new to me and others I clearly had to repeat, but nonetheless they all shaped me. I pass this list on to you with the simple hope that it makes you think. Sometimes thinking about your life and sorting out what you have learned is just as important as preparing to tackle a new adventure.
1) No great gain in life is obtained without some sort of loss. You can have it all, but not all at the same time.
2) Love is a lot of things, but first and foremost it is a choice. You can’t help who you’re attracted to, but you choose who you love. And through that choice love can grow.
3) Love is the most difficult investments of our lives, but is the most rewarding and holds the greatest amount of return.
4) A real friend is someone who steps in when everyone else has walked out.
5) Often times when you look back on a past relationship it’s the feelings you shared with the person that you missed, not the person or the relationship itself.
6) How someone treats you is a direct reflection of how they feel about their self. Hurt people HURT people.
7) Love isn’t real unless it risks rejection. Vulnerability is to a relationship what water is to a plant.
8) People won’t always be around to support you in the way you want/need them to. Sometimes you have to fan your own flame and that’s okay.
9) You can’t control the behavior or attitudes of others, but you can stop it from affecting your inner peace.
10) There’s a fine line between success and failure made up of desire. Desire is the bottom line.
11) Sometimes our greatest burdens lead us to our greatest blessings.
12) Growth is a process of release and surrender. Releasing what you “thought” you knew and surrendering to what life is trying to teach in you the moment.
13) Being an adult is the most fun when you are acting like a child.
14) Forgiveness isn’t simply an emotion, it’s a decision you make once your emotional healing has been done and your ability to empathize has been raised.
15) Investing in your health is more important than investing into your bank account; money and medicine can’t fix everything.
16) Your present actions will create memories you will reminisce and talk about in your elder years.
17) Time heals all wounds regardless of how you feel right now.
18) Never be afraid to step out on your own. The freedom of independence is a special journey few choose to take.
19) Hesitation and fear are the root of all failure. If you can get rid of these, you will be one step closer to your success.
20) God is a God of process. If you want an oak tree you start with an acorn. If you want an adult you must begin with a child. Trust His process no matter how long it takes because He’s always right!
I don’t know what lessons you learned this year, but be thankful for whatever happened in 2018 because of where it brought you. Because where you are is where you were MEANT TO BE! I hope that 2019 brings you comfort on difficult days, smiles when sadness intrudes, rainbows to follow the clouds, faith so that you can believe, confidence for when you are in doubt, courage to be yourself, patience to accept the truth, and love to complete your life. To 2018 I am happy to say “Thank you, Next” in my Ariana Grande Voice. I look forward to sharing new notions with you all in 2019.
Comment below with your top life lessons from this year.
Happy New Year!Loading Likes...